sábado, 10 de agosto de 2013

Let´s talk about Low Buy-in

When I started playing poker, I used to play freerolls and not real money tournaments because my goal was to feel good about my game and improve it step by step.
I kept playing freerolls for almost a year. I know that seems like playing it way too safe, but it was all new to me. I really needed to be sure about what I was doing and how I was playing.
When I put real money into the game for the first time, it was funny because I got an entry to a high stakes tourney. I wasn’t ready for that but it was a great experience, even with my fear and being insecure.
In total, I’ve deposited about $200 and I’ve decided to play low stakes at $2 tourneys. I want to start by building a bankroll. Like I said, I want to play safe so I use the method of multiplying BB (big blinds) x the buy-in. Playing $2 tourneys is almost too safe, but that’s my beginning and that’s why I chose those sit ‘n gos, and it was cool.
When I got more confidence in my game, I moved up to $3 and $5 tourneys. I choose to play sit ‘n gos with 40 buy-ins. I can tell you, it works. Especially now when I have more experience, it really works.
If you want to play sit ‘n gos, play with at least 40 buy-ins so you that can’t go broke easily. If you prefer MTTs (multi-table tournaments), you need to have at least 100 buy-ins to keep your bankroll safe. Only with that starting stack you won’t go nuts if you lose too many games in a roll…..coz yeah! It can happen to anyone…
Good luck at the tables and keep studying poker!!!

Dree

"Originally published on the Titan Poker Blog"

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário